This tasty, tangy white bean zucchini salad is refreshing in the fall and winter, or can be the star of your summer picnics and cookouts. It’s made with white beans, zucchini, roasted bell peppers and fresh basil. I’ve tossed this salad with black olives, lemon juice, olive oil and vegan parmesan to add the flavors of a dressing. This is such a quick and easy salad to assemble!
Once you have cut, drained, rinsed and prepared all of the ingredients, just toss! To prepare the roasted peppers for this salad, use the Kitchen Basics Roasting Bell Peppers cooking instructions. I absolutely love making roasted peppers and having them on hand to add to salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes. Give them a try and I promise you will always want to keep them on hand, too.
I love cutting my fresh herb leaves chiffonade style, especially basil leaves. Here is a quick and simple video to show you how to chiffonade.
This salad will keep in the fridge for up to one week and has 6 to 8 servings. The flavors meld even more the longer it is refrigerated. With both beans and vegetables, plus the nutrition from garlic, lemons, olive oil and bell peppers, this is a very nutritious dish for your family.
This delightful white bean zucchini salad can also be tossed with cold pasta for an amazing pasta salad. Or heat it up and serve it with warm pasta!
You might also enjoy some of my other salads:
Roasted Basil Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Or have a look at my entire collection of hot and cold salads to serve any time of the year.
Please note: the preparation time for this recipe does not include the time it takes to roast the bell peppers, which is about an hour.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans or cannellini beans about 2-1/2 cups, drained & rinsed, or home cooked beans
- 1 red bell pepper roasted & sliced, 1/2 cup
- 1 yellow bell pepper roasted & sliced, 1/2 cup
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed, chopped or cut chiffonade
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black olives sliced, to taste
- vegan parmesan cheese homemade or store bought, for sprinkling
- Rinse and drain the beans. Set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices, then quarter each slice.
- Slice the roasted bell peppers and toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the minced garlic clove. Chop or chiffonade the fresh basil leaves.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the zucchini, bell peppers, basil and beans to combine.
- Add sliced black olives, to taste, and drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the entire salad. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the salad with vegan parmesan. Serve garnished with basil leaves, black cracked pepper, or additional vegan parmesan. Serve additional black olives on the side.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut and #keylimecoconutblog when you try our recipes.
Zucchini is in the recipe title yet not mentioned in the ingredients list, so readers don’t know how much to buy or chop!?
1 medium zucchini. Corrected. Thanks for letting me know!
Perfect and you’re welcome– thanks so much for the response!