I’m pretty much obligated to make a strawberry chocolate smoothie for Lisa this week. Our kitchen is covered in strawberries and dark chocolate. This is Valentine’s Week, after all and she’s gone overboard, as usual.
This is a very good smoothie, though, so I’m glad I made it. It’s quick and easy, and very delish. Make sure you freeze some strawberries in advance. I made it two ways: with maple syrup and without. Without it, you mostly taste the yogurt flavor and the strawberries. It’s good, but not that sweet. Adding the maple sweetens it, of course, and cuts any bitterness, which brings out the chocolate flavor more. If you prefer agave, it will work just as well as a sweetener.
Try to use the darkest, reddest strawberries in your supply. They will be the sweetest of the bunch.
Make this smoothie for your sweetie, the whole family, or treat yourself! This smoothie also makes a nice snack or after dinner dessert drink. Sprinkle the top with slivers of chocolate, crushed nuts, or your favorite vegan sprinkles.
You might also like to try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie or our Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt or 1 5.3-ounce container
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries frozen
- 1 cup plant-based milk I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar/syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- vegan sprinkles, nuts, or shaved dark chocolate Wilton brand sprinkles are vegan
- 1 sliced strawberry for garnish
- Arrange the ingredients in your blender container so that the strawberries and ice are closest to the blades while blending.
- Blend until ice is broken up and smoothie reaches desired smoothness. Top with sprinkles, nuts or shaved dark chocolate. Garnish with a sliced strawberry and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.