This spicy avocado chickpea sandwich is a refreshing find! I discovered it on Vegan Richa and we love this recipe! It’s super simple to make, just mash the avocado and chickpeas together, add the other ingredients and mix well. You can create your own sandwich combo. Just use your favorite bread and toppings, and serve with your favorite sides!
At my house, we had arugula for the greens and added alfalfa sprouts. For bread, I used sandwich thins, which I have really grown to love. This would also be amazing in pita pockets. I like using thin breads – let the filling shine! On the side, I served sliced tomatoes and radishes.
I know I’ll be making this sandwich many times in the future.
You might also like to try Florida Fresh Hot Dog Relish. This sandwich would be delicious served with Maryland Old Bay Pasta Salad, Sweet Potato and Baking Potato Oven Fries, or Summer Garden Tomato Soup.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 avocado
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper add more later if desired
- 1 large pinch garam masala
- 3 dashes black pepper
- salt to taste
- lettuce or other greens
- tomatoes and/or sprouts or other vegetable toppings
- your favorite bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas along with the avocado with a potato masher, until the two are combined.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except salt. Salt to taste after mixing and add any other additional spices to your taste.
- Layer bread with greens of choice, add chickpea mixture, top with your favorite toppings, and add any dressing to the top piece of bread. Serve with your favorite chips or vegetable sticks.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.