We really like this pumpkin spice latte vegan milkshake. It has good, strong coffee and pumpkin flavors! If you want this shake a little thicker like a smoothie, freeze tablespoons of the puree on a cookie sheet in your freezer, for about 20 minutes before making the shake. Then pop any extra frozen lumps of puree into a freezer bag to use later. The pumpkin puree freezes very hard, so you might have to let the frozen bits soften just a little before blending them later.
I first made this vegan milkshake with two cups of my own vegan Coffee Ice Cream, which added a very nice coffee flavor to the mix. But, you can make it with store bought coffee vegan ice cream, too. I’ve used So Delicious Cold Brew Coffee vegan ice cream. You can also use vanilla vegan ice cream as in the original A Dash of Megnut recipe (or whatever ice cream flavors you dare to try!)
The recipe calls for coffee, too. I’ve substituted plant based milk (unsweetened almond) for the coffee a couple of times. The shake is still very tasty and the coffee flavor stays strong from the vegan ice cream. Once it’s all blended, the shake can be topped with whipped coconut cream. Even without the whipped cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg would be a perfect topper. I’ve used shaved dark chocolate and Nestle Simply Delicious Semi-sweet Morsels, with a little pumpkin pie spice for toppings.
While you’re in the pumpkin mood, you might also like to try a Vegan Pumpkin Pear Smoothie.
- 2 cups coffee ice cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree frozen by spoonfuls for a thicker shake
- 1/2 cup coffee brewed strong and chilled, make 1 cup in case you need more
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup add more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. For a thinner shake, add additional cold coffee. Adjust the maple syrup to your taste by adding more, small amounts at a time.
- Top with whipped coconut cream or a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg. Serve cold. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.