You can make Mustard Dill Potato Salad ahead and it only takes 30 minutes! I made mine a day ahead and left the dressing in the jar in the fridge so the flavors could blend, then poured on the dressing right before serving.
I made several changes to the original recipe to accommodate my own tastes: cut some of the veggie amounts in half, reduced the oil and increased the vinegar, and omitted the parsley altogether.
Adapted from Yay! For Food.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: For this recipe to be gluten free, make sure your Dijon mustard is gluten free.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-15 minutes|
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes washed, unpeeled, cut into 1 or 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup celery ribs diced
- 1 cup radishes diced, about 6 radishes
- 1/2 cup red onion diced, about 1/4 of the large onion
- 1 cup fresh dill finely chopped, loosely packed for measuring
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard or gluten free Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- In a dutch oven or other large pot, boil the potatoes until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes in a large mixing or serving bowl and top with the celery, radishes and red onions. Set aside.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight seal on the lid and shake until the ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the dressing over the potato salad, or keep the salad and dressing separate if serving later. Toss the dressing with the salad before serving, making sure to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. If prepared ahead, the salad can be refrigerated up to three days. Before serving, remove from the fridge and let warm for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, tossing again to coat the potatoes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.