As a lover of rye bread, especially dark rye, when I came across this German cucumber radish sandwich, I had to have it. I love cucumber sandwiches, anyway, and the addition of radishes seemed perfect. As I read through the various recipes, though, I found that usually the bread (rye or wheat) is spread with butter and then *also* spread with cream cheese! Uhhhhhh . . . no.
I had been playing around with vegan mayo and ranch dressing seasoning mix, making a sandwich spread and salad dressing. I tried the sandwich spread on this and it was so good! The sandwich flavors are very refreshing anyway, but the addition of Ranch Sandwich Spread was perfection. You wouldn’t think a sandwich could be so satisfying, but the flavors blend so well together on this one. This sandwich makes a great quick and easy lunch or dinner, and an unexpected addition to your Oktoberfest menu.
You could add very thinly cut onions to this sandwich; lettuce and sprouts would also make nice additions. Small versions of these would make great appetizers!
The most important thing (for me) is to always use rye bread. It’s a must!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 2 slices rye bread preferably dark rye
- 1 recipe ranch sandwich spread (link above)
- 6 slices cucumber no need to peel the cucumber
- 1 or 2 radishes cleaned and sliced
- 2 pinches dried dill weed
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Toast the rye bread if you prefer, but it isn't necessary.
- Smear the ranch sandwich spread onto both sides of the rye bread slices.
- Place your sliced radishes on one slice of bread and the sliced cucumbers on the other side.
- Sprinkle both sides of the sandwich with fresh or dried dill weed. Then sprinkle the sandwich with cracked pepper and salt.
- Put both sides of bread together to make a sandwich and serve!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.