I love this cranberry arugula pasta salad! It’s fresh and light and so tasty. The flavors of the cranberries and lemon juice are sweet and tart, nicely blending with the olive oil and pine nuts. The arugula and farfalle (bow tie pasta) add a nice texture and color. The salad is so pretty!
This recipe from Love and Zest makes a large batch of 8 salad bowl servings or 10 to 12 side servings, but it can be halved or quartered easily. Leftovers also keep well in the fridge. In my house, we ate this salad for 3 days and the arugula wasn’t wilted at all.
I used only one tablespoon of olive oil in the entire salad, which is half of the oil listed in the original recipe. One tablespoon was more than enough and coated the salad perfectly. You can make the pasta the day before and toss it in a little bit of olive oil, then pop it in the fridge. Just before serving, assemble the salad by tossing in the remaining ingredients.
The dried cranberries add to the appeal of this as a fall and winter holiday salad. It would be great during summer months, too. You might want to serve the salad with salt, pepper, a bowl of wide lemon wedges and a bowl of pine nuts, so guests can add extra to their salads.
If you’re looking for fall and winter recipes, you might also be interested in One Pot Wild Rice Mushroom Soup, Vegan Mushroom Pot Pie, or Slow Cooker Wild Rice Butternut Squash Soup. For more salads, click here.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: This recipe will be gluten free if you use a gluten free pasta.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 1 16-ounce box farfalle bowtie pasta Use gluten free pasta to make the entire dish gluten free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup dried cranberries I used the 50% reduced sugar type
- 3 packed cups arugula
- 1/2 cup pine nuts plus extra for adding to each serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse, drain and cool completely.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the cooled pasta with all of the remaining ingredients, until noodles and arugula are coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Can serve with salt, pepper, a bowl of wide lemon wedges and a bowl of the pine nuts, for guests to season individual salads.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.