This Florida Corn Tomato Avocado Salsa, made with fresh corn, is loaded with flavors. The lime, cumin, bell pepper and onion add an extra zip to the other milder ingredients. Sprinkle your favorite hot sauce on the entire bowl before serving, or serve with the hot sauce on the side.
You might enjoy visiting our Mexican Cuisine page for other tasty recipes! This recipe is from Fresh from Florida.
GLUTEN FREE VERSION: To make a gluten free version of this recipe, be sure your cumin and hot sauce are gluten free.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 minutes (for the corn)|
medium mixing bowl
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper finely chopped, orange or yellow bell peppers will add color
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro optional, chopped
- 1 lime juiced, use more if desired
- 1 teaspoon cumin or gluten free cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- your favorite hot sauce or gluten free hot sauce
- Fill a dutch oven pot 1/2 full of water and bring to a boil. Add the ears of corn to the water and continue boiling for 4 minutes. Using tongs, remove the ears of corn to a plate to cool. Once cooled, cut the corn from the cobs.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the corn and all of the remaining ingredients, except the avocado. Before adding the diced avocado, toss it in lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper, and hot sauce. The hot sauce may be served on the side instead of mixed into the salsa.
- If you aren't eating the salsa immediately, save the avocado and add it right before serving, after tossing it in lime juice.
- Serve with your favorite chips. The salsa will keep in the refrigerator up to three days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.
That looks so perfectly fresh and delicious! Even though it’s meant to be a salsa, I would totally just eat a bowlful like a salad.
Thanks, Hannah! It’s a great recipe to take to parties and potlucks. It could be eaten straight!
Lisa, this looks so delicious! I love using fresh corn all sorts of recipes! Can’t wait to try it! I just followed you on Twitter, by the way! 🙂
Thank you so much, Cathi! I need to up my Twitter game a bit – thanks for the follow!