I’m a coffee fiend, so I love this cold brew coffee ice cream recipe. To begin the recipe, you make cold pressed coffee in your fridge by mixing coconut milk from a carton with coffee grounds in a jar. You refrigerate that for a day or two, then strain it and make the ice cream. I was already drooling, looking at the coffee brewing in the fridge. Adapted from Feeding Your Beauty.
For straining, you will need cheesecloth – unless you have a very fine strainer that will catch coffee grounds. The straining doesn’t need to be perfect, a few grounds here and there in the ice cream wouldn’t be awful.
You might also enjoy these Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Maple Banana Cinnanut Ice Cream recipes.
|Passive Time||12 hours for brewing|
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 to 1/4 cup maple syrup to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups plant-based milk almond, rice or soy will work
For the Ice Cream:
- Mix the coconut milk and coffee grounds in a lidded jar. Shake gently, then place in the fridge 12 to 48 hours, shaking gently a few times while the coffee brews in the fridge. When you are ready to make the ice cream, strain the coffee off of the milk through a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a large mixing bowl. Discard the coffee grounds.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl with the coconut milk coffee. Whisk until well blended. Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to directions, probably around 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or put the ice cream in the freezer for a harder ice cream. Top with your favorite toppings, like chocolate chips or nuts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.