This Bright Fruit Salad satisfied a sugar craving I was having like crazy last week! I grabbed up a bunch of fruit while grocery shopping and wanted to eat them immediately when I got home. So, I threw them together in this brightly colored fruit salad. Normally, when I buy dragon fruit, the meat is white inside, but these were bright fuschia (I discovered upon cutting), which made for an eye-popping fruit mix.
The sweetness of the nectarines and kiwis needs to be tempered a bit with milder fruit. Watermelon and dragon fruit work perfectly to keep the fruit from being overpowering.
If you are looking for fruit salads, check out this Juicy Watermelon Salad and our Orange Avocado Almond Spring Salad. Or check out our Salads page for more ideas.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 1 dragonfruit cut into cubes
- 3 kiwis peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2 nectarines sliced and cut into chunks
- 2 cups watermelon cut into chunks
- coconut optional, for topping
- lemon or lime juice optional, for topping
- Cut all ingredients and toss in a medium mixing bowl.
- Chill for about 30 minutes if your fruit is not pre-chilled. If serving later, add kiwi and nectarine right before serving.
- Garnish the salad with coconut shreds and use a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.