Blueberry Pineapple Summer Salsa is a fresh, spicy salsa with the surprise of added fruit. If you enjoy a blend of spicy and sweet flavors, you will love the little kick of heat in this salsa. You can add as little or much of the jalapeno as you like.
We have more Dips & Salsas for your party and snacking needs – have a look! This is another great vegan recipe from Fresh from Florida.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: To make this recipe gluten free, be sure to use gluten free cumin.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
medium mixing bowl
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper finely chopped, use orange or red bell pepper color
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro optional, chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries rinse and remove any soft blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin or gluten free cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sriracha optional
- Slice the jalapeno pepper down the center to cut in half. Remove the stem, seeds, and any white membrane. Slice the entire jalapeno pepper, then finely chop the slices.
- After cutting up the pineapple and chopping the onion, bell pepper and cilantro, toss them all together in a medium-sized mixing bowl, along with the jalapeno and blueberries.
- Juice the lime and stir the cumin, garlic and sriracha into the lime juice.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the bowl ingredients and toss to mix. Serve immediately with your favorite chips or refrigerate until time to serve. Mixing the salsa ahead and refrigerating allows the flavors to blend nicely.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut.
We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.