I was so excited to see this Vegan Street Corn Salad, a dairy-free version of Mexican street corn! I used to love the street corn, elote, at our favorite taco place. Now it’s out of the question with all the crema and cotija cheese on it. The vegan ranch dressing in this recipe tastes like a nice coating of butter; all of the flavors combined really do taste like street corn. This is a great little recipe that I will make time and time again. Happiness!
This Vegan Street Corn Salad recipe was posted by Daiya Foods.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: To make a gluten free version of this recipe, be sure to use a gluten free chili powder.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
servings (or more)
- 5 cups frozen corn kernels cooked according to package directions
- 8 tablespoons Daiya Homestyle Ranch Dairy-Free Dressing original recipe calls for an entire bottle, so add to your taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or gluten free if needed
- 1 1/2 cups, loosely packed cilantro about a 1 1/2" bunch, chopped
- 1 cup Daiya brand Classic Blend Shreds or your favorite shredded vegan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook frozen corn according to package directions. Once cooked and drained, place into a large serving bowl.
- Add the ranch dressing, the lime juice, chili powder, cilantro, and non-dairy shreds. Stir to mix well and coat the corn. Add salt and pepper to taste, blending well.
- Serve warm or at room temp. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days. This salad is also good served cold.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.