Make this tasty, delicious slow cooker three bean chili as spicy as you like! The addition of salsa and chopped jalapenos lets you control the heat by adding more or less. I’ve never been a fan of hot foods when the heat keeps you from tasting the flavors. This recipe is spicy, but all the flavors of the spices, beans, and vegetables still come through. So, it’s pretty perfect!
Cook this chili a couple of days before a big game day – your football or basketball watching guests will love it! If you or your friends are sensitive to heat, the jalapenos and salsa can be served on the side for guests to spoon into their individual bowls. You might even offer a few different salsas!
This chili will be amazing served with cornbread, crackers, chips or your favorite garlic bread. We ate our chili with a baked baguette seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning. This slow cooker of chili made enough for two of us to have it for dinner a few times and it was tastier each time.
This chili is a fantastic addition to any meal featuring Mexican cuisine. You might also be interested in my favorite guacamole recipe, or this quick and easy pico de gallo.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth,
- 1 cup salsa I use medium heat level
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos optional
- Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, adding the spices and vegetable broth last.
- Carefully stir the slow cooker contents to blend well. Turn on the slow cooker and cook on High setting for four hours or on low setting for eight hours.
- Serve hot, topped with vegan cheese shreds and finely chopped onions. Chopped jalapenos and salsa can be added to each bowl of chili if you omit them from the slow cooker. Also serve with your favorite crackers, chips or bread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.