I really love the sweetness and tartness of this apple pecan arugula salad, with dried cranberries and apples. You might want to try the vegan salad dressing posted with this salad on Minimalist Baker. I am including it here since they were paired, so I can make it the next time around. This time, I used an Italian dressing with this salad and it was scrumptious.
You might also enjoy this Cranberry Arugula Pasta Salad or this fresh and tasty German Cucumber Salad. Here’s some more information on roasting and toasting nuts.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: To make a gluten free version of this recipe, use gluten free dried cranberries.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tart green apple cored and sliced
- 1 sweet red apple cored and sliced
- 7 ounces arugula
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries use gluten free dried cranberries for the entire dish to be gluten free
- 1/4 large red onion sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 large lemon juiced for 3 tablespoons of juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spread the raw pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant and color has darkened to a deeper brown. Remove immediately and remove from the hot baking sheet to stop them from cooking further.
- In the meantime, prepare the other ingredients. Divide among two bowls for an entree or leave in one large bowl to serve as a side.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well blended. Add to salad to taste. Serve immediately. Leftover dressing will keep refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave any feedback in comments below. Also, share your comments on Instagram: @key_lime_coconut or on Twitter: @keylime_coconut. We love seeing hashtags #keylimecoconut #keylimecoconutblog and #beachbumvegan when you try our recipes.