Why beach bum vegan? It’s the lifestyle! My husband and I moved to Florida four years ago – he retired and I stopped working (someone has to keep him company). Our “day-to-day” consists of hikes, kayaking, touring Florida, hanging out on the beach. We live outdoors! And we enjoy the fruits of our environment – pineapple, mango, strawberries, avocados, nuts, seeds, and every veggie imaginable. We don’t surf (yet), but I have a fat tire bike for beach rides! In other words, I feel like a beach bum and I highly recommend the lifestyle. For me, “Beach bum” is very unrushed-laid-back-take-it-easy. That’s how I like to cook, too. I like maybe a handful of ingredients in a recipe, not 40! And let’s keep the complexity to a minimum, too. Just nice, easy, beachy cooking with fresh ingredients. Bring over some friends, open some beers, and make some sangria. That’s Beach Bum Vegan.
This Week's Favorites
- Kitchen Basics: How to Cut & C...
- Irish Farmhouse Soup
- Beyond Beef Cabbage Rolls
- Sweet Potato Cabbage Soup
- German Cucumber Radish Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Wild Rice Butternut Squ...
- Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili
- Pumpkin Pear Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Farro Bake
- Kitchen Basics: How to Roast or Toa...
- Greek Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- Easy Applesauce Bread
- Latin Tomato Sauce
- French Almond Croissants with Almon...
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Allison S.
- Lisa M.
- Mitch M.